On the journey to change, it’s important that we are able to investigate, communicate and address the needs of our communities. This way, solutions can have deep and long lasting impacts. Whether it’s supporting a family, or being there for just one person, Movement Fund makes grants to meet a wide range of community needs.
Types of Needs Meeting projects that we fund include but are not limited to:
- Needs Assessments
- Homeless Prevention Services
- Environment Protection Services
- Community Care and Clean Up
- Job Training and Workforce Readiness
- Crisis Prevention
- Food and Shelter Resources
- Violence Protection
- Human Services
- Transportation Services
- Health Needs and Medical Emergencies
- Entrepreneur Support
Types of expenses Movement Funds can cover include but are not limited to:
- Personnel, Contractor, Staff, Consulting
- Transportation, Gas, Vehicles and Rentals
- Food, Meals,
- Space, Lodging, Housing, Property
- Bail and Legal Expenses
- Outreach and Relationship Building
- Project Supplies and Equipment
- Training and Development
Requirements to apply for Advocacy and Action funding include:
- Demonstrated input and leadership from the population served.
- Priority is given to organizations or projects that are led by diverse groups.
- All applicants must be active members of the Movement Fund. Financial contributions are NOT required for membership.