Bringing change means bringing awareness through social justice training, campaigns, gatherings, discussions and other avenues that inform the people of the challenges, solutions and get them involved. Build community when you Build awareness and empower The Movement.
Types of Awareness Building projects that we fund include but are not limited to:
- Discussions and Panels
- Workshops and Trainings
- Leadership Development
- Youth Skills Building
- Ally Building and Training
- Know Your Rights
- State of the Marginalized Presentations
- Policy Change
- Education on current issues, trends and solutions
- Community Building
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Types of expenses Movement Funds can cover include but are not limited to:
- Personnel, Contractor, Staff, Consulting
- Transportation, Gas, Vehicles and Rentals
- Food, Meals,
- Space, Lodging, Housing, Property
- Bail and Legal Expenses
- Outreach and Relationship Building
- Project Supplies and Equipment
- Training and Development
Requirements to apply for Advocacy and Action funding include:
- Demonstrated input and leadership from the population served.
- Priority is given to organizations or projects that are led by diverse groups.
- All applicants must be active members of the Movement Fund. Financial contributions are NOT required for membership.
Your monthly donation keeps us free, clear and independent, so that we can be accountable to the people and meet the needs of the movement as they arise, not as special interests see fit.