Advocacy And Action
APPLY FOR FUNDS
ADVOCACY AND ACTION
Advocacy and Action funding
Taking action is one of the most direct and important ways to bring change, whether isn’t helping a family, stopping an injustice, or inspiring movement. Build public support for a cause or policy that creates impactful change for our community. Take a stand or provide a service. Make the Movement happen.
Types of Advocacy and Action funding projects include but are not limited to:
- Policy Change
- Family Supportive Services
- Support for Single Parents
- Direct Actions (including rallies, marches, etc.)
- Economic Development for marginalized groups
- Violence Prevention Efforts
- Immigrant and Refugee Support
- Support for System Involved Persons
- Incarceration Disparities
Types of expenses Movement Funds can cover include but are not limited to:
- Personnel, Contractor, Staff, Consulting
- Transportation, Gas, Vehicles and Rentals
- Food, Meals,
- Space, Lodging, Housing, Property
- Bail and Legal Expenses
- Outreach and Relationship Building
- Project Supplies and Equipment
- Training and Development
Requirements to apply for Advocacy and Action funding include:
- Demonstrated input and leadership from the population served.
- Priority is given to organizations or projects that are led by diverse groups.
- All applicants must be active members of the Movement Fund. Financial contributions are NOT required for membership.
Your monthly donation keeps us free, clear and independent, so that we can be accountable to the people and meet the needs of the movement as they arise, not as special interests see fit.