Advocacy And Action
APPLY FOR FUNDS
ADVOCACY AND ACTION
Advocacy and Action funding
Taking action is one of the most direct and important ways to bring change, whether isn’t helping a family, stopping an injustice, or inspiring movement. Build public support for a cause or policy that creates impactful change for our community. Take a stand or provide a service. Make the Movement happen.
Types of Advocacy and Action funding projects include but are not limited to:
- Policy Change
- Family Supportive Services
- Support for Single Parents
- Direct Actions (including rallies, marches, etc.)
- Economic Development for marginalized groups
- Violence Prevention Efforts
- Immigrant and Refugee Support
- Support for System Involved Persons
- Incarceration Disparities
Types of expenses Movement Funds can cover include but are not limited to:
- Personnel, Contractor, Staff, Consulting
- Transportation, Gas, Vehicles and Rentals
- Food, Meals,
- Space, Lodging, Housing, Property
- Bail and Legal Expenses
- Outreach and Relationship Building
- Project Supplies and Equipment
- Training and Development
Requirements to apply for Advocacy and Action funding include:
- Demonstrated input and leadership from the population served.
- Priority is given to organizations or projects that are led by diverse groups.
- All applicants must be active members of the Movement Fund. Financial contributions are NOT required for membership.